Definitions: Types of bookings
‘Pay as You Go’ – Pay-As-You-Go bookings are for individuals who do not have an active membership/Block Booking and will pay for each individual activity that they book.
‘Member booking’ - Member Bookings are where individuals that have an active membership subscription can book activities as part of that membership and as such do not incur a further charge.
‘Block Booking’ - Block Bookings are for individuals/clubs/teams who wish to reserve facilities overseen by Active Stirling on average once a week. Bookings with less frequency than this will be considered and the final decision will reside with the Bookings Team.
‘Large bookings’ and ‘Events’ may fall under different terms and conditions where a deposit and longer cancellation period may be required. If your booking falls under this category you will be informed on confirmation of your booking.
‘Commercial bookings’ can be classed as requests received from an organisation or company to book facility space which offers a service or product that can be bought by or is intended to be bought by the general public.
All bookings must be paid for in advance.
Invoiced bookings must be paid for no later than 28 days in advance. If the booking is less than 7 days to the participation date the booking must be paid for at the time of booking.
Active Stirling reserve the right to withhold future booking privileges if payment for previous bookings has not been made. If no payment is received, unpaid debt will be sent to the Sheriff office.
It is the responsibility of the payer to retain proof of payment.
Block Bookings are not granted on a first come first served basis. Each application is evaluated against our Sports Usage Policy. As a result, all bookings are reviewed on an annual basis. The Usage Policy can be requested by e-mailing the Bookings Team on email@example.com. During the present time we are also required to prioritise requests in line with Active Stirling’s business recovery plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
The following cancellation policy is applicable to all bookings:
For ‘General Bookings’ with a value up to £99.99, a minimum of 24 hours’ notice must be given in writing.
For General Bookings with a value of £100 - £499, a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given in writing.
For General Bookings with a value greater than £500, a minimum of one calendar months’ notice is required.
For events, corporate or bespoke bookings with a value greater than £1000, a different cancellation policy may apply and you will be informed of this at the time of booking via your event confirmation.
Regardless of the value of your booking, if by accepting there will be an effect on Active Stirling’s timetabling, programmes or opening of the facility area, then a different cancellation policy may also apply and you will be informed of this at the time of your booking.
For Block Bookings, a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given in writing. This notice period is only applicable to an individual date. Any cancellation or amendment request that impacts consecutive weeks will be considered a breach of these terms and as an abuse of the block booking system and will not be processed.
- In the unfortunate event that Active Stirling must cancel an activity, a credit shall be applied or a refund offered to each user as appropriate.
- A credit will be applied for all block bookings cancelled within the appropriate time scales. It is the responsibility of the booking applicant to ensure that each week’s activity is paid for irrespective of use or not, unless they have cancelled in accordance with the above notice periods.
- For Block Bookings, any amendment to reduce the booking or change the date will be treated in line with the cancellation policy above.
- Termination of block booking - any booking applicant wishing to cancel their entire block booking or amend a full block, i.e. the same session every week, must request this in writing. A minimum of 28 days’ notice must be given. The booking applicant may not attempt to cancel or amend the bookings that fall within the 28 day period.
- All outstanding fees must be paid up to date before the termination request will be accepted. Unpaid debt will be sent to the Sheriff office.
A credit will be given for all bookings cancelled within their appropriate time scales. It is the responsibility of the booking applicant to ensure that each week’s activity is paid for irrespective of use or not, unless they have cancelled in accordance with the above notice periods.
- Repeated failure to pay or appear for the booking will result in termination of all future bookings. Active Stirling reserves the right to cancel any bookings of customers whom they deem are continually abusing the booking system.
- Should Active Stirling require any area of their facility that is already booked for the purposes of a special event or similar, Active Stirling will inform any Block Bookers affected with a minimum of 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances and if the required notice period has been given. Requests must be made in writing to the Bookings Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Active Stirling will not be held liable for accident to person(s) or loss of property by any person or organisation while on the premises or in the grounds, unless as a direct result of our negligence or our failure to take reasonable care.
- All clubs/companies using these facilities must have Public Liability Insurance cover and by signing the Booking Form you are confirming you have this in place. The booking applicant must send a copy of this document as requested by Active Stirling. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of your booking. Spot checks will be carried out at random throughout the year.
All clubs will also be held liable for any loss or damage of equipment and facilities used.
Active Stirling adheres to the Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport:
Any organisation booking Active Stirling’s facilities should also adhere to these Standards.
“I can confirm that our organisation meets the Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport and meets the Minimum Operating Requirements for each Standard.”
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are confirming the above statement.
- In addition to this coaches and volunteers are required to have a qualification appropriate to the level they coach.
- If you require further assistance regarding Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport please contact your National Governing Body of Sport or if affiliated to ClubSport Stirling your allocated Community Activation or Sport Development Officer.
- Active Stirling reserves the right to carry out spot checks of any individual or organisation to ensure they have the appropriate processes in place.
Each individual will be responsible for their behaviour whilst using any Active Stirling service and clubs/organisations will be responsible for the behaviour of their group and any damage caused by group members. In particular, users must adhere to all social distancing and safety measures in place throughout The PEAK. For the benefit of all our customers we would ask that you do not smoke, drink alcohol, use illegal substances, or use abusive language whilst at the facility. Active Stirling reserves the right to cancel any bookings if the behaviour of participants is unacceptable – no refund will be issued.
- It is the responsibility of the bookee to notify Active Stirling in writing of any changes to their name, address, contact number, e-mail and job/club role.
- All users should wear appropriate footwear:
- The costs of rectifying avoidable damage may be re-charged to the bookee responsible for such (spot checks will take place and you could be at risk of losing your booking if incorrect footwear is being worn).
- If you are responsible for a youth group (Under 16s) please ensure all members are adequately supervised at all times whilst on the premises.
If you wish to carry out any filming within the facility as part of your hire, you must notify us in advance as approval from Stirling Council is required. A minimum of 3 working days must be provided for all filming requests.
9.1 Access to the facility is controlled by reception. All customers must be recorded on entry and must be able to produce evidence of their booking on request by staff. The individual placing the booking is responsible for their members or attendees’ adherence to the Stirling Sports Village admission policies. A fast-track option may be offered to clubs for regular bookings and event users.
Bookings finish one minute before the hour or half hour, for example 5.00pm to 5.59pm to ensure there is a smooth and quick turnaround for participants. Players must strictly adhere to their booking times and vacate the facility area in a timely manner.
Where longer turnaround and set-up times are required, you will be advised at time of booking, this additional time may be chargeable. If your activity requires equipment to be set-up, this should be done so within the booking slot. For larger set-ups please inform the Bookings Team to discuss in more detail.
- Please note spot checks will be made to ensure facilities are being used by the intended booker, at the requested time and that the facility has been paid for. If the facility area is being used out with these times, you will be liable to pay for the extra usage.
Clubs affiliated to Clubsport Stirling will receive the appropriate discount in line with their affiliation status. Discounts are applied at Active Stirling’s discretion.
Pricing & Charges
Commercial bookings are liable to pay an additional 15% surcharge for all facility bookings made with Active Stirling.
Facility hire charges will be reviewed on an annual basis. Charges include access to changing facilities, use of floodlights and VAT where applicable.