A great introduction to learn the sport of curling! Join us and learn the basic curling skills and techniques with our qualified Curling Instructors.
What's included in the class?
- Fun, relaxed coaching
- Introduction to sweeping
- Introduction to curling delivery
- Full length curling delivery
Venue: The PEAK, ice rink
Age: 8-16 years
Cost: £4.50 (NOT included in PEAK membership)
Please note - a parent or guardian must stay with their child for the duration of each session. We cannot offer 1:1 support at these sessions.
2023 - 2024 PROGRAMME BLOCK DATES & TIMES
|DATES||TIMES||GENERAL BOOKING DATE
(opens from 10.00am)
Thursday 11 January &
Thursday 22 February
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- Walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please report to our Ice Technician on site, Coach or at The PEAK reception
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
All classes can be viewed and booked using our online booking system. Sessions must be pre-booked in advance.
Please note - booking account should be registered to the child attending the sessions and not the parent.