Curling is a fun and challenging game combining physical and mental skill – each curler will aim to deliver the stones down the ice attempting to get closer to the centre of the target or ‘house’.
Active Stirling’s learn to curl programme follows the National Governing Body pathway from Scottish Curling.
What session should I book?
We have curling sessions to suit all ages and abilities such as try curling, beginner classes, development and disability curling.
|Session||Cost / Age|
Learn all the skills and techniques to curl with confidence on the ice.
A fun, relaxed coaching session to introduce you to curling.
• Fun, relaxed coaching
• Introduction to sweeping
• Introduction to curling delivery
• Full length curling delivery
£4.10 Adult 18yrs+£2.50 Junior 8-17yrs
A 2 hour class for junior players who are more experienced to get more technical help for when out competing on the Grand Slam circuit. Sessions are held throughout the curling season.
Under 21yrs (Scottish Junior Level)
Fun, relaxed sessions giving you the confidence and skills to play curling whether you’ve previously enjoyed a try curling session, or if you’ve never curled before.
• A recap of try curling
• Coaching from Scottish Curling qualified
• Progress your curling delivery from the try
• Learn how to throw the curling stone
• Rules, etiquette and scoring of the game
• Learn basic tactics
• Fun coaching drills
• Play curling games
£10 Adult 18yrs+£3 Junior 8-17yrs
|On the button
For those who have completed Active Stirling’s junior beginners class you can join us at our on the button junior club. There is no limit for how long you stay in on the button but it’s a great stepping stone before our Stirling Young Curlers club pathway.
|Gateway Club (formerly Virtual Club)
For those who have completed Active Stirling’s adult beginner’s class you can join us at our Gateway Club.
Weekly coached sessions for new curlers who have only started playing for up to two years. Take
your curling to the next level with our Gateway
Club – membership limited to two years.
These sessions are a great introduction to the sport of curling consisting of 1 hour of coaching with a qualified Active Stirling or Scottish Curling qualified instructor. Get involved in this great sport, meet new friends and have fun on the ice.
£4 Adult 18yrs+£2.50 Junior 8-17yrs
You can hone your skills by hiring a sheet of ice for up to 6 people
8yrs+ (maximum of 6 people)
We have programmes starting from Monday 18 October.
Monday 18 October - Gateway Club
Wednesday 20 October - Gateway Club
Thursday 21 October – On the button
Monday 25 October - Try Curling
Wednesday 27 October - Try Curling
Thursday 28 October - Try Curling
8yrs+ - check specific session details above for ages
Check specific session details above for costs
Book online here Active Stirling online bookings
Note: Booking account should be registered to the child attending the sessions and not the parent.
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please
- report to our Ice Technician on site,
- Coach or at The PEAK reception