Come along and celebrate Christmas on the ice!
A one off event for our junior curlers who have attended our Come and Try or Skills Award curling classes. Enjoy the Christmas spirit and get together and have fun on the ice.
CURLING BONSPIEL EVENT DETAILS
*General booking date: from Monday 31 July*
Open to all our junior curlers who have taken part in our come and try or skills award classes. We'll put you into teams for the session.
Date: Thursday 14 December
Venue: The PEAK, ice rink
Age: 8-16 years
Please note - a parent or guardian must stay with their child for the duration of the event. We cannot offer 1:1 support during this class.
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please report to our Ice Technician on site, Coach or at The PEAK reception
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
Event details can be viewed and booked on our online booking system.
Bookings are open from Monday 31 July.
Please note - booking account should be registered to the child attending the event and not the parent.