JUNIOR BEGINNERS CURLING
Following on from our Try Curling, a block of Junior Beginners take children through the next steps of Curling – rules, game play and shot before moving to our NEW Curling Skills class.
What's included in the class?
- A recap of try curling
- Coaching from Scottish Curling qualified coaches
- Progress your curling delivery from the try curling session
- Learn how to throw the curling stone
- Rules, etiquette and scoring of the game
- Learn basic tactics
- Fun coaching drills
- Play curling games
Venue: The PEAK, ice rink
Age: 8-16 years
Please note - a parent or guardian must stay with their child for the duration of the each session. We cannot offer 1:1 support at these sessions.
PROGRAMME BLOCK DATES & TIMES
PRIORITY BOOKING DATE*
|GENERAL BOOKING DATE (opens from 10.00am)|
Thursday 18 January - Thursday 8 February
|4.00pm-5.00pm||N/A||Monday 18 December||£18 for 4 weeks|
|Thursday 29 February -
Thursday 28 March
|Monday 12 February||£22.50 for 5 weeks |
includes end of season Bonspiel
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please report to our Ice Technician on site, Coach or at The PEAK reception
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
All classes can be viewed and booked using our online booking system. Sessions must be pre-booked in advance.
Please note - booking account should be registered to the child attending the sessions and not the parent.