TAKE YOUR CURLING SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.....
Our Gateway club programme is for curlers who are new and have only started playing for up to two years. If you have completed the adult beginners programme, then take your curling to the next level and join our Gateway Club (membership limited to two years). In this time we can help you transition to a local club.
What's included in the class?
- Fun, relaxed coaching sessions
- Learn to take your basic curling skills to the next level
- Build your confidence on the ice
Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
Venue: The PEAK, ice rink
Age: 16 years+
Cost: £11.50 per session (NOT included in PEAK membership)
Please note - we cannot offer 1:1 support at these sessions.
2023 - 2024 PROGRAMME BLOCK DATES & TIMES
|Monday 11 September - Monday 11 December||6.00pm-8.00pm|
|Monday 8 January - Monday 25 March||6.00pm-8.00pm|
|Wednesday 13 September - Wednesday 13 December||10.00am-12.00pm|
|Wednesday 10 January - Wednesday 27 March||10.00am-12.00pm|
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please report to our Ice Technician on site, Coach or at The PEAK reception
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
All classes can be viewed and booked using our online booking system.
Sessions must be pre-booked in advance.