Climbing is one of the best whole-body workouts, continually challenging the body and mind.
If you would like to use the climbing wall, you will need to learn the ropes. This class will teach you all the skills required to use the climbing wall safely and provide a first step into the sport.
If you are a complete beginner, we recommend booking two of these classes.
If you have previously been a registered competent climber, and feel you need a refresher, we recommend booking onto one of these classes to top up your skills.
- Learn how to climb competently and safely at an indoor centre
- Grasp the basics of climbing movement and technique
- Learn how to fit a harness, tie in and safe belay technique
- No need to bring any equipment – everything is provided
- Once registered as a competent adult climber(18yrs+) you can bring up to two novice climbers under your supervision
Learn to climb sessions
PROGRAMME BLOCK DATES FOR 16 YEARS+
Venue: The PEAK, climbing wall
Cost: £27.00 (NOT included in PEAK membership)
|Friday 7 July 2023 - Friday 28 June 2024
(excludes Friday 22 & Friday 29 December)
- Trainers or equivalent
- Comfortable leisure wear
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/shorts (no dresses/skirts as impedes harness fitting)
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Harness and climbing shoes