Would you like to become a Personal Trainer?
The aim of Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is to help you develop and further your knowledge and skills to a professional level in gym instruction, allowing you to become a certified Personal Trainer.
- Age 16 or over
- Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification (e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction Gym/ETM)
- Interest in personal training
- Good communication skills
- Gym and fitness experience
During this course you will learn:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health, and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing, and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
- Blended learning course, including theory and practical assessments
- Learn at home or face to face at one of our venues (The PEAK)
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
2024 COURSE DETAILS
BOOK BY: Tuesday 1 October 2024
AGE: 16 years+
DURATION: Approximately 16 weeks to assessment
GUIDED LEARNING HOURS: 20 hours
TOTAL QUALIFICATION TIME: 430 hours – on course learning with tutor, extra support where required, e-learning units and assessments, manual reading, completion of worksheets and LAP and assessments
|ACTIVE IQ LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN PERSONAL TRAINING||DETAILS||DATE||TIME||VENUE|
|Enrolment & course introduction||All learners||Sunday 3 November 2024||9.30am-12.30pm||Online|
Theory exam & work to do for session 2 including LAP & written assessments
|All learners||Sunday 1 December 2024||9.30am-3.00pm||Online|
LAP & written assessment & work to do for session 3
|All learners||Sunday 8 December 2024||9.30am-12.30pm||Online|
PT practical, Modular Summative Training Technique assessment, consultation, and summative practical overview
|All learners||Sunday 15 December 2024||9.30am-4.00pm||The PEAK|
|Consultation assessment||After LAP marked and approved||TBC with learners in early January 2025||TBC with learners in early January 2025||Online or face to face with learner and client|
|Summative practical assessment and self-evaluation||After consultation completed and approved||TBC with learners in early January 2025||TBC with learners in early January 2025||The PEAK with client|
You must complete and attend all 6 sessions above
Once you have completed Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training, you can progress onto Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications in other areas such as:
• Exercise Referral
• Sports Massage
• Tutoring and Assessment
For other career progression pathways, please visit Active IQ
If you are interested in this course, please click on Enquire Now above and complete our training form.
For any course enquiries, please email email@example.com
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, resident in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work.
You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training.
You can apply for an ITA if you are not undertaking any secondary, further, or higher education, SDS funded training or participating on the Community Jobs Scotland programme.
ITAs are available if you are looking to progress in or change your job. There is a wide range of courses to choose from and you can study with any ITA approved learning provider, including, local colleges, universities, and private training providers.
To find out more or to apply, visit www.myworldofwork.co.uk
Please find details of Active Stirling's terms and conditions for all our Training and Learning courses and qualifications here.