We are thrilled to announce a return of Learn to curl sessions at The PEAK in Stirling.
Active Stirling’s learn to curl programme includes sessions for adult and junior beginners to learn to curl. Start with ‘try curling’ sessions and progress your way onto our Gateway Club.
Curling is a fun and challenging game combining physical and mental skill – each curler will aim to deliver the stones down the ice attempting to get closer to the centre of the target or ‘house’.
Active Stirling’s learn to curl programme follows the National Governing Body pathway from Scottish Curling.
What session should I book?
We have curling sessions to suit all ages and abilities such as try curling, beginner classes, development and disability curling.
|Session||Cost / Age|
Learn all the skills and techniques to curl with confidence on the ice.
A fun, relaxed coaching session to introduce you to curling.
• Fun, relaxed coaching
• Introduction to sweeping
• Introduction to curling delivery
• Full length curling delivery
|£4.10 Adult 18yrs+|
£2.50 Junior 8-17yrs
|On the button
For those who have completed Active Stirling’s junior beginners class you can join us at our on the button junior club. There is no limit for how long you stay in on the button but it’s a great stepping stone before our Stirling Young Curlers club pathway.
|Gateway Club (formerly Virtual Club)
For those who have completed Active Stirling’s adult beginner’s class you can join us at our Gateway Club.
Weekly coached sessions for new curlers who have only started playing for up to two years. Take
your curling to the next level with our Gateway
Club – membership limited to two years.
We have programmes starting from Monday 18 October.
Monday 18 October - Gateway Club
Wednesday 20 October - Gateway Club
Thursday 21 October – On the button
Monday 25 October - Try Curling
Wednesday 27 October - Try Curling
Thursday 28 October - Try Curling
8yrs+ - check specific session details above for ages
Check specific session details above for costs
Book online here Active Stirling online bookings
Note: Booking account should be registered to the child attending the sessions and not the parent.
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please
- report to our Ice Technician on site,
- Coach or at The PEAK reception