We’re running a 5-week block of swimming lessons for children and adult and child lessons from Monday 24 May to Saturday 26 June at The PEAK.
This standalone block is open to all.
BOOKINGS OPEN MONDAY 17 MAY AT 12 NOON.
Adult & child
|12–36 months||Fun and relaxed sessions for both you and your child. Children will be encouraged to move on their own in the water and develop more confidence (adult supervision required).|
|Pre school||3–5 years||These classes will encourage your child to become confident in the water and develop basic swimming skills without adult assistance but with buoyancy aids as required.|
|Swim skills 1||5–12 years||Ideal for school-aged children to develop their confidence in the water and learn swimming skills without aids.|
|Swim skills 2||5–12 years||For children who have completed Swim Skills 1 and will increase the competency of your child’s core water skills and develop the basic stroke technique.|
|Swim skills 3||5–12 years||For children who have completed Swim Skills 2 and will introduce more advanced stroke technique and distance.|
|Swim skills 4||5–12 years||For children who have completed Swim Skills 3 and will improve the quality of the stroke technique, introduce various skills/disciplines and basic lifesaving skills.|
Times: Various times
Price: £25 for 5 weeks
Booking: Bookings open Monday 17 May at 12noon
All sessions must be booked online in advance. Junior sessions can’t be booked using an adult/parent’s account. Lessons can’t be booked using Active Stirling app.
Online bookings: Create your own account here
Learn to swim programme
We continue to operate with Covid-19 guidance, reduced capacities with no access currently to the High School swimming pools. We will reinstate our full Learn to swim programme as soon as we can safely do so and when we have access to more facilities.
If you were in our Learn to swim programme before, then once we are able to restart the full Learn to swim programme as before and across all facilities, we’ll contact you and offer you a priority place.
Summer holiday lessons
With swimming pool access in high demand, we’d really like to know if you’d like us to continue swimming lessons in the summer holidays. We’d like to offer 10 lessons over a 2-week block in the summer holidays where children will attend a half hour lesson Mon-Fri for 2 weeks. If this is something you’re interested in, please could you complete our short survey.
- Book online - swim lessons must be booked in advance
- Check what level your child was at here — Log in to HomePortal
- Each child needs their own online booking account – lessons must be booked under the child’s name except for adult and child classes
- Arrive ready to change quickly
- Parents must stay on poolside during the lesson — no access to other areas
- Please bring minimal belongings on site to reduce transmission risks
- Toilets are available but we would ask you to help reduce transmission risks and use the toilet at home
- Only the pre swim showers will be available for customers to quickly ‘rinse off’ before and after their swim. Parents/Guardians must stay on poolside during the lesson to support the child to get dressed and leave straight after the lesson
- Arrive at the main entrance (Zone 1) 5 minutes before your session
- No late entry, doors close at the start of the session and entry way is disinfected
- A member of staff will open the main door and confirm that you are booked into the session
- One adult or carer is permitted to enter the building with a child or vulnerable person. If your child is very young or lacks confidence you will be able to be in the water with your child as the teacher must stay out the water
- Guardians and carers must wait on poolside during the lesson and will not have access elsewhere
- You will not be able to use the pools before or after your lesson
- Accompanying adults who are not exempt should wear a face covering throughout their visit to The PEAK. Adults taking part in the Adult and Child lessons should wear a mask up until the point you are going from the changing village to the pool hall and once again when leaving the facility
- Cubicles will be unlocked and available to use each session. Lockers are not available. A member of staff will lock your cubicle once you are ready to go to poolside and unlock it again for you when you are finished your lesson.
Remember to stay socially distanced from others at all times during your visit. Please read our Covid-19 guidelines for what we need you to do before you visit, when you visit and what we're doing to keep everyone safe.
By accessing Active Stirling’s classes and programmes you agree to our terms and conditions.
Not found what you were looking for? Visit our Frequently asked questions…