Get involved in this great sport, meet new friends and have fun on the ice.
These sessions are a great introduction to the sport of curling, consisting of 1 hour coaching session with a qualified Active Stirling or Scottish Curling Instructor.
Days: Mondays or Thursdays
Venue: The PEAK, ice rink
Age: 8 years+
Cost: £5.00 per session (NOT included in PEAK membership)
Please note - carers are welcome to attend for free and we would encourage all to take part on the ice.
2023 - 2024 PROGRAMME BLOCK DATES & TIMES
|Monday 11 & Monday 25 September||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 9 & Monday 23 October||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 6 & Monday 20 November||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 4 December||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 15 & Monday 29 January||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 12 & Monday 26 February||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|Monday 11 & Monday 25 March||4.00pm-5.00pm|
|DISABILITY INCLUSION & WHEELCHAIR CURLING|
|Thursday 14 & Thursday 28 September||5.15pm-6.15pm|
Thursday 12 & Thursday 26 October
|Thursday 9 & Thursday 23 November||5.15pm-6.15pm|
|Thursday 7 December||5.15pm-6.15pm|
|Thursday 18 January||5.15pm-6.15pm|
|Thursday 1, Thursday 15 & Thursday 29 February||5.15pm-6.15pm|
|Thursday 14 & Thursday 28 March||5.15pm-6.15pm|
- Warm, loose fitting clothing
- Tracksuit bottoms/joggers/leggings
- Warm jumpers (hoodie)
- Gloves (If you think you’ll be cold)
- On the feet – clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling
All equipment is supplied at The PEAK including:
- Delivery aids
- Ice can be very slippery – always wear two flat rubber soled shoes on ice
- Make sure your footwear is totally clean – tiny pieces of dirt can spoil the ice surface
- If a stone goes astray shout ICE to allow others to look out
- Use your brush to stop and move the stones – not your feet
- DO NOT try and lift the 22KG stones
- Always keep your feet on the ice
- walk or slide NEVER hop or run
- If you have an injury on the ice please report to our Ice Technician on site, Coach or at The PEAK reception
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
All classes can be viewed and booked using our online booking system.
Sessions must be pre-booked in advance.
Please note - for junior curlers, the booking account should be registered to the child attending the sessions and not the parent.