The programme provides specialist professional advice, support, programming, fitness classes and instruction to encourage individuals to increase their physical activity participation and to use it as a tool for long term management and treatment of their health.
The 12-week Active Living for Life programme includes:
- A personalised activity programme designed to suit your health conditions and fitness ability
- A personalised gym programme to suit your health conditions and fitness ability
- Regular contact with your exercise fitness instructor every 3 weeks throughout the programme to discuss your individual programme and goals
- Discounted access to Active Stirling leisure facilities
- Access to a variety of specialised health fitness classes
To access the programme, you will need to be referred by your GP, Practice Nurse, or another Health Care professional (who has full access to your medical records). Your referral information will be reviewed to ensure that you are eligible for the programme and that all necessary details and information have been provided. Once the referral form has been processed, you will be contacted to arrange an initial consultation with one of our exercise referral instructors.